Lightroom 6 – SE Asia
Adobe’s launch of the latest version of Lightroom seems to be causing problems for many users of the software around the world. In particular for those of us amateur photographers who do not want to be part of ‘Creative Cloud’ but prefer to buy software outright rather than tying ourselves into a subscription plan.
So for those of you who live in South East Asia, like I do, and are struggling to UPGRADE from older versions of Adobe Lightroom to the new Lightroom 6 then here’s a solution I found from, fellow Englishman, John Beardsworth whose blog – Lightroom Solutions – is very helpful.
John searched Adobe.com for Thailand and got to their SE Asia page covering Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. It looks as though a few countries like Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar are excluded and I have no information there I’m afraid.
Anyway, believe it or not, if you are careful following the instructions you will be able to pay for and download the UPGRADE immediately from (Digital River Ireland Ltd. 98 Boulevard Du Prince, L-1724 Luxembourg) via the link.
It cost me THB2326.
Here’s my simple no frills walk you through the process guide.
- Go to – Adobe Store South East Asia
- Select your currency in the red box (right hand side)
- Go to bottom of Page 1 – Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 – Click on BUY
- At the top of the next page – Software Quick Links – Select from drop box ‘Adobe Lightroom 6 upgrade’
- Choose your options – Select – Version – Platform – Language
- Make sure Qty is 1 and ADD TO CART
- Check the details in the Cart are correct and go to CHECKOUT
- Sign in with your Adobe ID and follow the payment instructions.